Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Neutrogena as part of an influencer activation for The Motherhood. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions (FTC) guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
I am a born and raised New Orleans native with plenty of cajun in me. I tend to tan, not burn when in the sun and was raised in the days of using baby oil to tan. But, oh how the times have changed! When I married a red head, I got schooled on what “sun protection” really consisted of and learned a whole new set of rules. Now that I have two children, one who burns and freckles like his dad, I have found that the best way to teach them is to show them.
This is why I am thrilled to partner with Neutrogena for their #MimicMommy campaign, which focuses on teaching kids the importance of protecting their skin everyday. Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE Kristen Bell (Marshmallows Unite) and her video is spot on! And, for every share of the video, Neutrogena will donate $1 to the Children’s Melanoma Prevention Foundation – a non-profit educational organization committed to preventing skin cancer through comprehensive sun safety and melanoma awareness programs for families. Check it out below:
Here are a few eye-opening stats that I learned about skin cancer with this campaign. Feel free to use them to scare your kids into healthy sun practices!
- On average, more than 350 Americans are diagnosed with skin cancer every hour
- Even just a few (1-2) bad sunburns as a child almost doubles the risk of skin cancer
I will admit that we have been having the sun safety talk with my kids since they were little, but their is always room for improvement. Skin cancer runs in my husband’s family and he does yearly trips to the dermatologist to be checked. Not only do we have a pool that the spend most of the summer in, but we also visit the beach multiple times a year, which means that we buy sunscreen in bulk. Here is a quick video of me and my boys talking about the importance of sunscreen and our favorite Neutrogena products:
Here is some information about the two products that I mentioned in my video:
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face + Body Stick Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 70
- Delivers powerful sun protection in a breakthrough lightweight stick that glides on easily for a hands-free, no-mess application
- The weightless and non-shiny formula provides beach strength broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection
- Water resistant (80 minutes)
- Suggested retail price:
- Online at Neutrogena.com: $10.99
- Food/Drugstores: $10.99
- Neutrogena Wet Skin Kids Sunscreen Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 70+
- First line of sunscreen specifically formulated to work with wet skin. It instantly cuts through water, providing broad spectrum protection with every application
- Formulated with HELIOPLEX Technology, a breadth of stabilized sunscreen technologies that delivers superior protection from the sun
- Water-resistant (80 minutes)
- Suggested retail price:
- Online at Neutrogena.com: $11.49
- Food/Drugstores: $11.99
Both of these products and more can be purchased at Neutrogena.com. To learn more about this campaign, be sure to check out the #ChooseSkinHealth Page and follow Neutrogena on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Now that all the serious talk is done, it is time for some fun! Neutrogena is offering THREE lucky winners a chance to win a prize pack which included the following products:
- For Moms:
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face + Body Stick Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 70 (Kristen Bell’s Favorite)
- Neutrogena CoolDry Sport Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+
- For Kids:
- Neutrogena Wet Skin Kids Sunscreen Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 70+ (Kristen Bell’s Favorite)
- Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 60+
- For Moms:
Entry rules: Show me how your kids #MimicMommy by uploading a photo to social and tagging @Neutrogena and #MimicMommy with a link to the video (http://bit.ly/1X0YRrF) for a chance to win a Mimic Mommy Sunscreen Kit from Neutrogena! Be sure to come back here and comment with the link of your social share. Winners will be chosen on June 15th.