Back to School can be super stressful, between getting everything done and the amount of money being spent, it is easy to get overwhelmed. Over the last couple years, I think we have begun to master ways to save some money. Here are some quick tips that I have for saving the dollars:
- Check your local thrift stores for reading books for the year. This year each boy needed three books, which can really add up. Even shopping from amazon, we were looking at over $30! We lucked out and got them all but one for a total of $3, which is awesome!
- Check you school for uniform swaps. You can save a bunch by grabbing school shirts, sweatshirts, shorts and more and it usually supports the school as a fund raiser.
- Before purchasing text books from school or school supplied business, check Amazon. I found a couple of the boys workbooks and one text that they needed and saved about $20.
- Be sure to look through your kids’ leftover supplies from last year before shopping. I also find if I combine the boys shopping lists it makes it easier to buy a few things in bulk.
- Buy backpacks and lunch in the off-season. I know it may be too late for this tip this year, but check in December, and you can get some great deals at Lands End and Pottery Barn Kids.
What are your best tips to save during Back-to-School?