Card games are a great way to pass the time with kids. My kids are always asking to play games with us, which leads to the question “what do you want to play?”. We have grown our stash of board games and card games over the years, but are always on the lookout for new ones to add to the mix. Here are our top five card games to play with our kids.
- Exploding Kittens – this was an impulse buy for my older son for Christmas a few years ago and we always have the best time when we play it. We even bought the expansion pack to add to the fun. This game is for 2-5 players and is recommended for ages 7 and up.
- UNOcorns Card Game – this game is UNO, but with a unicorn theme! We had a blast playing this on our last beach vacation, but beware of the wild Narwhal! For 2 to 10 players, ages 7 and older.
- Get the MacGuffin – we received this new card game at a toy convention and the kids were eager to check it out. It took a little while to get the hang of it, but the kids had fun and have asked to play it multiple times. This game is for 2-11 players and is recommended for ages 8 and up. I would recommend older than 8, since the instructions were hard to follow at first.
- Monster Match – this game is perfect for the younger kids. You roll the dice and then have to find a match for the number of eyes, arms or legs. My favorite part is that this game comes in an adorable carrying case. This game is for 2-6 players and is recommended for ages 6 and up.
- Hisss – while I hate snakes, this card game is a whole lot of fun, especially for the little ones. Teaches color matching and counting. Just be sure to play on a large surface, because these snakes can get really long.
What card games to you like to play at your house?